HAPPY WEEK HOLIDAY
After the most spectacular and exciting landing, our assigned tour guide and a driver will receive you at the airport. You will be headed to Thimphu (the capital city of Bhutan) from Paro along the fast-flowing rivers. On arrival, you will check in to one of the 3-star. In the afternoon, you will visit:
- National Memorial Chorten- Most Sacred Chortens in the heart of Thimphu town
- World’s largest sitting Buddha overlooking the entire capital city
- Kuensel Phodrang Nature Park- Park that is most visited by both tourists and the locals
- Tashichodzong- The Dzong that houses Throne Rooms and the King’s Office
Day 02: Sightseeing in Thimphu
Tourists will continue to explore the tourist attractions in Thimphu.
- National Institute of Traditional Arts and Crafts- get a glimpse of 13 different arts and crafts that are essential part of Bhutanese Cultural heritage.
- Traditional Medicine Institute – Unique and fully functioning herbal medicine hospital
- Takin Preserve – To see Takin, the National Animal of Bhutan
- Craft Bazar – Varieties of pure authentic Bhutanese Arts and Crafts for sale at a reasonable price.
- National Library: Ancient text and the world’s largest book
- Simply Bhutan (living museum) – Exhibits unique ancient Bhutanese Traditional Architectures and the old age life style of Bhutanese
Day 3: Thimphu – Punakha
After breakfast, drive towards Punakha – approximately 3-hours journey though the rich and pristine forest and mountains.
- Druk Wangyel Chortens– en route to Punakha, you will first visit Druk Wangyel Chortens.108 chortens (stupas) built in honor of His Majesty the 4th King located at a Dochula Pass at a height of over 3000m. .
- Chhimi Lhakhang– This was founded in 15 Century by Lama Dukpa Kinley also known as a divine mad man. It is half hour walk across a local village and rice field.
- Punakha Dzong– after lunch, you will visit Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Zhabdrung. It is the former capital of Bhutan.
Day 04: Punakha – Phobjikha
After breakfast drive to Phobjikha. Visit Gangtey Goenpa, as it is a major attraction with an old monastery date back to the 16th century. Walkthrough Gangtey natural trail and visit Phobjikha valley exploring Bhutanese traditional houses.
Day 5: Drive back to Paro
After breakfast, you will be will drive back to Paro. On arrival, you will check into the hotel followed by cultural sightseeing. The highlight includes:
- The National Museum– Once a watchtower is serving as the National Museum
- Paro Dzong – Buddhist monastery and fortress
Day 06: Highlight of the visit
- Hike to Taktsang Monastery – Highlight of ever tourists.
- Drukgyel Dzong- Ruin Dzong under re-construction
- Kyichu Lhakhang- One of the Guru Rinpochhe’s Sacred Lhakhangs
Day 7: Depart from Paro
Drive to Paro international airport for your onward departure
- Bhutan VISA fee
- Government royalty & taxes
- Professional tour guide
- Daily 3 meals
- Entry fees
- 3-star accommodation
- Dedicated tour vehicle and driver