EFFECTIVE SHORT BHUTAN TOUR
Effective Short Bhutan Tour (4 nights, 5 days)
Day 1: Arrive at Paro International Airport and Drive to Thimphu
After the most spectacular and exciting landing, our assigned tour guide and a driver will receive you at the airport. You will be headed to Thimphu (the capital city of Bhutan) from Paro along the fast-flowing rivers. On arrival, you will check in to one of the 3-star. In the afternoon, you will visit:
- National Memorial Chorten- Most Sacred Chortens in the heart of Thimphu town
- World largest sitting Buddha overlooking the entire capital city
- Kuensel Phodrang Nature Park- Park that is most visited by both tourists and the locals
- Tashichodzong- The Dzong that houses Throne Rooms and the King’s Office
Day 02: Sightseeing in Thimphu
Tourists will continue to explore the tourist attractions in Thimphu.
- National Institute of Traditional Arts and Crafts- get a glimpse of 13 different arts and crafts that are an essential part of Bhutanese Cultural heritage.
- Traditional Medicine Institute – Unique and fully functioning herbal medicine hospital
- Takin Preserve- To see Takin, the National Animal of Bhutan
- Craft Bazar- Varieties of pure authentic Bhutanese Arts and Crafts for sale at a reasonable price.
- National Library: Ancient text and the world’s largest book
Simply Bhutan (living museum) – Exhibits unique ancient Bhutanese Traditional Architectures and the old age lifestyle of Bhutanese.
Day 03: Drive back to Paro
After breakfast, you will be will drive back to Paro. On arrival, you will check into the hotel followed by cultural sightseeing. The highlight includes:
- The National Museum- Once a watchtower is serving as the National Museum
- Paro Dzong- Rinpung Dzong is a large dzong – Buddhist monastery and fortress
- Chelela Pass- The highest road pass in the country at a height of about 3,880 metres.
Day 04: Highlight of the visit
- Hike to Taktsang Monastery – Highlight of ever tourists.
- Drukgyel Dzong- Ruin Dzong under re-construction
- Kyichu Lhakhang- One of the Guru Rinpochhe’s Sacred Lhakhang
Day 05: Depart from Paro
Drive to Paro international airport for your onward departure
- Bhutan VISA fee
- Government royalty & taxes
- Professional tour guide
- Daily 3 meals
- Entry fees
- 3-star accommodation
- Dedicated tour vehicle and driver