Thimphu Tshechu (5 days)
Day 1: Arrive at Paro International Airport and Drive to Thimphu
After the most spectacular and exciting landing, our assigned tour guide and a driver will receive you at the airport. You will be headed to Thimphu (the capital city of Bhutan) from Paro along the fast-flowing rivers. On arrival, you will check in to one of the 3-star. In the afternoon, you will visit:
1. National Memorial Chorten- Most Sacred Chortens in the heart of Thimphu town World largest sitting Buddha overlooking the entire capital city
2. Kuensel Phodrang Nature Park- Park that is most visited by both tourists and the locals.
Day 02: Sightseeing in ThimphuTourists will attend the Tshechu (the major festival) and will continue to explore the tourist attractions in Thimphu.
Day 03: Drive back to ParoAfter breakfast, you will be will drive back to Paro. On arrival, you will check into the hotel followed by cultural sightseeing. The highlight includes:
1. The National Museum – Once a watchtower is serving as the National Museum
2. Paro Dzong – Rinpung Dzong is a large dzong – Buddhist monastery and fortress
3. Chelela Pass – The highest road pass in the country at a height of about 3,880 metres..
Day 04: Highlight of the visit1. Hike to Taktsang Monastery – Highlight of ever tourists.
2. Drukgyel Dzong – Ruin Dzong under re-construction
3. Kyichu Lhakhang – One of the Guru Rinpochhe’s Sacred Lhakhang
Day 05: Depart from ParoDrive to Paro international airport for your onward departure Itinerary
- Bhutan VISA fee
- Government royalty & taxes
- Professional tour guide
- Daily 3 meals
- Entry fees
- 3-star accommodation
- Dedicated tour vehicle and driver